[LLVMdev] LLVM for functional languages?

Christof Douma cddouma at cs.uu.nl
Tue Mar 15 04:24:10 PST 2005

Hi,

I was looking at LLVM as a target for EHC
(http://catamaran.labs.cs.uu.nl/twiki/st/bin/view/Ehc) which is a
Haskell compiler. I got some questions on the status of LLVM.

I read some discussions on tail calls, and was wondering if they are
implemented.

Furthermore many comments in lib/Target/.. state:
'// FIXME: Implement the invoke/unwind instructions!'
I understood this is an old comment. Is it? If so, It might be good to
remove them. :)

The model targeted by the code generation is based on GRIN
(http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~boquist/phd/index.html) which promotes a
calling convention based on passing arguments in registers as much as
possible.

Is it possible to return multiple values in registers? I could not find
anyting on this.

Regards,
Christof Douma