[LLVMdev] GCC assembler rejects native code generated by LLVM

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Mar 8 07:35:26 PST 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Vyacheslav Akhmechet wrote:

>> Did you actually try the previous patch?  If you compiled llvm-gcc with
>> mingw, it should work, regardless of the compiler you use to compile
>> the LLVM X86 backend with.
> I didn't build llvm-gcc. I just used the front end provided by the
> online demo on LLVM's webpage.

Ah, ok, well that won't work, at least not elegantly, because the web
machine is a linux box.  :)  If you edit the target-triple at the top of
the file (s/linux/cygwin/), it will sorta work, but even then only for
trivial examples.  If you #include a standard library header, the .ll file
will refer to glibc internal details that you won't have on windows...

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/