[LLVMdev] GCC assembler rejects native code generated by LLVM

Vyacheslav Akhmechet coffeemug at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 08:20:50 PST 2005

I successfully compiled CVS HEAD yesterday on my win32 machine using
Visual C++ Express (2005). I also have Mingw tools installed. I wrote
a simple hello world application and generated native assembly code
using llvm. When I tried to feed the code into GCC, it rejected it
with "junk at the end of line" error messages. Shouldn't GCC be able
to assemble this code? I realize win32 port isn't complete but I was
under the impression that this should work.

Thanks.