[LLVMdev] question about gccld and external libraries

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 1 09:13:24 PST 2005

Hey, Jakob --

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 05:55:07PM +0100, Jakob Praher wrote:
> I'm really new to llvm. I've successfully bootstrapped llvm-14 on my
> system and am able to successfully compile c code to llvm.
>
> the problem is now that gccld is complaining that it can't find the
> libraries, like "c" or "crtend". [1]

Did you install the bytecode libraries into the C/C++ frontend lib
directory?

See

http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/CFEBuildInstrs.html#instructions

same options as the last time. This will cause the configuration to now
find the newly built llvm-gcc and llvm-g++ executables.

8. Rebuild your CVS tree. This shouldn't cause the whole thing to be
rebuilt, but it should build the runtime libraries. After the tree is
built, install the runtime libraries into your GCC front-end build tree.
These are the commands you need:

 % gmake
 % gmake -C runtime install-bytecode

--