[LLVMdev] LLVM 1.5 C Front-End Binaries for FreeBSD?

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 29 06:57:07 PDT 2005

Sean Peisert wrote:
> Might anyone have a FreeBSD binary or suggested modifications to the
> source to compile one?

If you want to build the GCC frontend, you can do so by following the
directions here (http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/CFEBuildInstrs.html).  It
should build on FreeBSD without modification.  The directions for
building our GCC frontend differ from those used to build regular GCC.

(BTW, I assuming you're building for FreeBSD on i386.  If you're
building for another architecture supported by FreeBSD, then you might
need to do some tweaking for the build; we'd be interested in any such
necessary tweaks so that we can add them to the above document).

We currently don't have a FreeBSD binary, but I think there's one person
on the list who uses FreeBSD regularly; he might be able to help.