[LLVMdev] Useless/Mis-placed Tests?

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Thu Jun 16 00:38:51 PDT 2005

For some time now the tests in llvm-test/SingleSource/Regression and
llvm-test/SingleSource/UnitTests have been producing no meaningful
performance data other than "working". I think one of two things should
be done, on a case-by-case basis:

1. Tests that are clearly simple, quick running tests should be moved
into the llvm/test/Regression directory and made part of the deja-gnu
suite since they are supposed to test functionality and their
performance isn't really of significance.

2. Tests that are a little more complex and *could* have meaningful
performance data should have their "main" functions put in a loop so
that these programs runs sufficiently long to produce meaningful
performance numbers. Currently their results are so small that we just
get - in the nightly report.

Is there a reason we haven't done this yet?

Reid