[LLVMdev] one question about up reference

aqex aqex at bsv.com.cn
Sun Jun 5 18:06:21 PDT 2005

hi,
I have one question about up reference, why use \nested_level_count in type description.
and have to handle it in HandleUpRefs() (AsmParser/llvmAsmParser.y)  ,

why not just insert type name and return in calcTypeName() (AsmWriter.cpp) ;

As you mention in "How to build recursively type" ,

%mylist = type { %mylist*, int }  is accepted .

Is it neccessary to use \nested_level_count ?

I'm very thankful if you can give me some C code example to show it .

        aqex
        aqex at bsv.com.cn
          2005-06-06