[LLVMdev] Sharing Data between ExecutionEngines

David Shipman dshipman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:12:18 PDT 2005

Hi all...

I understand that while LLVM provides no support for threading itself, it
should be quite possible to run multiple JIT ExecutionEngines in separate OS
threads.
My intention is to have several threads running in parallel, to utilise
particular hardware effectively - so I wonder if it is possible to share
memory directly between ExecutionEngines? Particularly I'm looking at doing
signal processing that would pass large buffers on a regular basis, so
copying isn't an option - anyone have any idea if this will work?

Thanks,
David Shipman