[LLVMdev] Cygwin debug build results

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Thu Jun 2 14:32:42 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 22:21 +0100, Aaron Gray wrote:
> >Your "make check" output has two classes of errors:
>
> >1. llvm-gcc or llvm-g++ not being found. Its possible this results from
> >Cygwin requiring the .exe extension. The makefiles probably need to be
> >enhanced to include the suffix.
>
> Okay, but that did not seem to be a problem before.

Well, it is now :)  I'm working on fixing the configure script. It
doesn't include the .exe suffix which is why you're getting these
errors.

> I thought about that being a possible problem. The make install removes the
> .exe extensions.
> But it does stop them being executed outside of Cygwin/bash.
>
> >2. You have a permissions problem on:
> >test/Regression/Analysis/Andersens/Output/basictest.ll.out.script. The
> >file couldn't be opened for writing. Possibly you have a hung build or
> >the permissions are just plain wrong?
>
> No .script file there there is basictest.ll.out however.

Then the permission problem is on the Output directory. The file can't
be created for some strange reason.

> >The messages indicating that LLVMGCCDIR is not set properly probably
> >also originate from not having the .exe suffix placed correctly. I'll
> >see if I can work up a patch for you.
>
> Okay.
>
> Shall I do the ENABLE_OPTIMIZED "release" build now or wait till we have
> ironed out these last few problems; and do it tommorow.

You'll run into the same problem with that style build. Go ahead and
kick it off if you like, at least you'll get the bulk of the compilation
over and done with.

> You have not commited the X86JITInfo.cpp patch yet ?

No, I've been waiting for confirmation that it solved the problem, but I
guess we have that now that you've moved passed that issue.

> Thanks again for the support, hopefully we will get it solved soon.

Yes, hopefully!

Reid