[LLVMdev] 64-bit Linux Support

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 1 08:04:52 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:50:35AM -0400, Bill Wendling wrote:
> It didn't look like there was a cftonend binary for the IA-64
> platform. Are we supposed to use the x86 binaries instead?

The answer to that is that we don't have IA-64 in-house, so we don't
provide an IA-64 C/C++ front-end, but if someone were to contribute it
to us, we would gratefully host it.

Note that if you use the x86 frontend, you will generate 32-bit LLVM
code, which is probably not what you want.  Instead, you want to build
your own frontend if there are none available for your platform:

http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/CFEBuildInstrs.html

I noticed that it does not list IA-64 anywhere, but I assume the
directions would be the same as for Linux/x86.  Let us know if that
works for you, and I'll amend the doc accordingly.

Duraid, Al -- I am assuming you each built your own CFE to test on
IA-64, any pointers?

Thanks.

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu