[LLVMdev] 64-bit Linux Support

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 07:50:35 PDT 2005

Hi Misha,

On 6/1/05, Misha Brukman <brukman at uiuc.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:33:39AM -0400, Bill Wendling wrote:
> > What's the plan for support on Linux 64-bit machines? Is that actively
> > being worked on right now or is there a roadmap for doing this?
>
> Do you mean compiling on 64-bit Linux or generating code for 64-bits?

I meant compiling on 64-bit Linux. It didn't look like there was a
cftonend binary for the IA-64 platform. Are we supposed to use the x86
binaries instead?

> As you can see here:
>
>  http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/GettingStarted.html#hardware
>  http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/testresults/

Ah! Okay. I'll take a look at them (I should have done that already *shame*).

> we have support for Linux on IA-64 and test results for that platform.
> We don't have test results for Linux/PPC64 so I don't know the status.
> I recall Chris ran some pointer compression tests on an AMD64 so it
> must work there too, but we don't have a nightly tester for that
> platform.
>
> Is there something specific you're looking for that doesn't work?

Just as above that I didn't see the cfrontend binaries for IA-64...I
could have overlooked them, though...

Thanks!

-bw