[LLVMdev] Need help on SPEC 95 "standard" commandlines

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Jul 21 20:55:12 PDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Long Fei wrote:
> which suggests the compiling command:
> gcc -DSPEC_CPU95 -O2 -o spec_go g2.c g22.c g23.c g25.c g26.c g27a.c g27b.c
> g28.c g29.c g2eye.c g2jlib2.c g2jos.c g2list.c g2reas.c g2s2.c g2s3.c g2shp.c
> and the running commandline:
> ./spec_go 50 9 2stone9.in
> < are these correct ? >

I believe that we only include test/train inputs for some programs.

> This must be a shrinked problem size, since 2stone9.in is in the training
> set, not the ref set. < There are two input files in ref subdirectory. Which
> one is the default config ? and are 50 and 9 the default settings ? >

Please refer to the Spec configuration files for the real inputs.

> So I was asking if you can tell me what the *default ref* configurations are.
> In particular, 099.go, 129.compress, 130.li, 132.ijpeg.
> I agree that they use the same compiling commandline, but the running
> commandline is still a remaining problem.

You'd have to look at your SPEC CD, sorry.

-Chris

> Chris Lattner wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Long Fei wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know the "standard" commandline to compile and run spec95
>>> benchmarks ?
>>>
>>> I found some scripts in llvm test suite (External/SPEC/CINT95), but I am
>>> not sure if they are the *default ref* configurations. <Some of them seem
>>> to use smaller problem sizes.> SPEC95 was retired many years ago, so few
>>> people around me know how to compile and run them.
>>>
>>> I am building from sourcefile without installation. so I expect
>>> commandlines like:
>>> <gcc -Dflag1 -Dflag2 -O2 -o spec_go aaa.c bbb.c ... nnn.c -lm>
>>> and then
>>> <./spec_go param_1 param_2 ...>
>>>
>>> For instance, in SPEC2000 175.vpr, we have:
>>> 1) gcc -DNDEBUG -DNO_GRAPHICS -O2 -o spec_vpr main.c util.c read_netlist.c
>>> read_arch.c place.c route.c draw.c graphics.c stats.c segment_stats.c
>>> rr_graph.c rr_graph2.c rr_graph_sbox.c rr_graph_util.c
>>> rr_graph_timing_params.c rr_graph_area.c check_rr_graph.c check_route.c
>>> hash.c read_place.c -lm
>>> 2) ./spec_vpr net.in arch.in place.out dum.out -nodisp -place_only -init_t
>>> 5 -exit_t 0.005 -alpha_t 0.9412 -inner_num 2
>>>
>>> I am particularly interested in the following CINT95 benchmarks:
>>> 099.go, 129.compress, 130.li, 132.ijpeg
>>>
>>> can anyone tell me the "standard" commandline to compile and run these
>>> benchmarks with the default ref configurations ?
>>

>> All of this is defined by the Spec subdirectory of the test in the SPEC
>> distribution.  Note that different problem inputs (test/ref/train) are not
>> different compile-time options, they are different input files and command
>> line arguments.  If you look at the LLVM llvm-test makefiles, this
>> information is also encoded.  From the 126.gcc makefile, for example,
>> you'll see:
>>
>> RUN_OPTIONS := -quiet -funroll-loops -fforce-mem -fcse-follow-jumps
>> -fcse-skip-blocks -fexpensive-optimizati
>> ons -fstrength-reduce -fpeephole -fschedule-insns -finline-functions
>> -fschedule-insns2 -O -o -
>>
>> ifeq ($(RUN_TYPE),test)
>> STDIN_FILENAME = cccp.i
>> STDOUT_FILENAME = cccp.s
>> else
>> STDIN_FILENAME = amptjp.i
>> STDOUT_FILENAME = amptjp.s
>> endif
>>
>> Note that llvm-test compiles the benchmarks a file at a time (with -c), not
>> all at once.
>>
>> -Chris

-Chris

--