[LLVMdev] Re: Dependence Analysis

Naftali Schwartz nschwart at cs.nyu.edu
Wed Jul 20 23:33:39 PDT 2005

Well, dependence analysis depends on the ability to compare memory
accesses to determine whether or not they may overlap, and under what
circumstances such overlap may occur.  If all memory referencs are
expressed as a displacement from a base, then it becomes trivial to decide
whether or not two references may overlap (do they have the same base?)
and we can concentrate our symbolic analysis on the question of under what
circumstances such overlap may occur.

Naftali