[LLVMdev] Mod for using GAS with MS VC++

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Jul 11 19:12:30 PDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Aaron Gray wrote:

>>> Right
>>
>> Then you need something more specific than 'isWindows'.  I'd suggest,
>> isNASM and isMASM.
>
> 'for' rather than 'is'

Yeah sorry.

> forMSVC ? There is more to it than that :(
> I was going from the _WIN32 preprocessor symbol. So maybe 'forWIN32' if it is
> actually needed.

I'll leave this to you and jeffc to hash out.  I'll point out again that
if NASM and MASM are not the same, that using 'win32' will not work,
because it will be defined for both of them.

It looks like Nate just committed the subtarget support, so you might want
to look at that.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/