[LLVMdev] Writing a dataflow analysis

Silken Tiger st at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jul 5 06:22:44 PDT 2005

Hi

I have just taken a look at the LLVM-compiler and i am trying to write a pass
which analyses the dataflow and sideeffects.

So far i have written my own pass which works and i can traverse the blocks,
functions and instructions. Currently i am using the "runOnFunction" function
and iterate over the functions and blocks. But this seems to be not optimal
since the instructions itself seem to be organized as a tree...

I suspect there is a more sensible way to get the dataflow start and endpoints
out of the structure?

Thanks for any directions or hints
ST