[LLVMdev] X86AsmPrinter + MASM and NASM backends

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Fri Jul 1 16:20:33 PDT 2005

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Aaron Gray wrote:
> Okay, I have done as you have requested.

Patch committed here:

I made a couple of changes to the code you submitted.  The most important
is that I converted this (in the .h files):

using namespace llvm;
namespace x86 {

into:

namespace llvm {
namespace x86 {

The former defines the "..." stuff in the x86 namespace, the later defines
it in the llvm::x86 namespace.

In addition to this, I changed some other minor things, e.g.  I changed
the tabs in the files to spaces.  Also, I reduced the number of #include's
in the headers and .cpp files to the minimum.  In the future, please be
aware of these issues.

Otherwise, the patch looks great!

> The only thing I did not like was a clsh between the enum X86 and the new
> namespace X86, which I had to rename as x86 :(
>
> Anyway, I suppose the lower case 'x' in 'x86' fits in with the lowercase
> 'llvm' namespace.

I'm not sure I follow.  X86 is a namespace.  I assume you're running into
some strange VC thing or something (?).  If not, please submit a patch to
change the x86 namespaces to the X86 namespace.  It's possible that the
problem I described above was causing this issue for you.

Thanks again,

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/