[LLVMdev] making cygwin nightly builds available?

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Fri Jan 21 16:57:28 PST 2005

I am doing the port using Microsoft's Visual Studio, not mingw.  I
cannot address mingw-specific problems, but someone here (Henrik) has
successfully built with mingw.

Reid, the binary/text mode is a valid issue.  I have successfully used a
bytecode file on Windows that was created on Unix, but I must have been
lucky.

I don't understand why Win32/Path.cpp needs a complete rewrite to handle
all types of paths.  What types of paths are not being handled?

Trying to get the debugger support library to compile is a waste of
time.  There is no way it will work on Windows because it actually
*uses* fork().  Stubbing it out so it compiles or links will not
accomplish anything.  A new implementation using the Win32 debugging API
is required for it to work.  You're welcome to write one :)