[LLVMdev] Primer with LLVM

Francisco Puentes fpuentes at udc.es
Fri Jan 7 03:04:04 PST 2005

Really JIT isn't my goal. I prefer use a native execution engine; and ok, I
don't need save the generated Module so it ever lives in memory, so if LLVM
doesn't generate relocatable code it's fine for me.

About the reentrant lacks of LLVM, I can convert my own code - which build
the Module - into a critical section so I think it is enough; but I need to
know if several independent Modules can live in the same address space
running at same time (I agree).

Would be great if we append into the documentation several "patters" to show
how perform with LLVM. It would accelerate the learn curve for beginners
like me, avoiding basic errors and mistakes. If I reach a good level with
LLVM I can make these.

Have you a sample to generate code into memory?

To move LLVM into a reentrant library we could move all global symbols into
a structure which would be the LLVM context. All (ok, not all) constructor
classes would have as first parameter this context, so it would be easy
lock/unlock the context and allow critical sections in the code.

Happy new year :-)
You can use some of this accounts:

*  fran at cic-online.net
*  fpuentes at udc.es