[LLVMdev] Using LLVM to target the JVM

Evan Jones ejones at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Feb 28 16:30:20 PST 2005

On Feb 28, 2005, at 19:16, Curt Cox wrote:
> I'm interested in using LLVM to run source languages supported by GCC
> (mostly just C and Fortran, actually) on a JVM.  There seem to be two
> general ways this could be accomplished.

Here is a better way to do this. At least, I think it is better, mostly
because someone else has already done all the work:

http://www.xwt.org/mips2java/

This program runs statically linked MIPS R2000 binaries on the JVM via
binary -> source translation. Does this solve the problem that you are
interested in, or are you interested in running LLVM code directly on
the JVM for some reason other than executing C/Fortran programs on the
JVM?

Evan Jones