[LLVMdev] LLVM CygWin build error ?

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Thu Feb 24 08:46:56 PST 2005

>> For some reason, maybe something I have missed, but the llvm/bin files do
>> not have any extension, ie a '.exe' extension.
>> Otherwise they are normal cygwin binaries.

mklib generates .exe extensions but make install removes them, which
presumably is the correct behaviour, to allow Cygwin to all them but not
Windows.

> I'm not sure what the specific problem is, but please make sure you follow
> the instructions in this document:
> http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/CFEBuildInstrs.html
>
> Building the C frontend is not as easy as it should be right now, so it is
> very important to follow the instructions.

I have followed the instructions through as best as I can but get no joy. I
would be willing to devote more time to testing the build process in the
future.

Where are the precompiled binaries for llvm-gcc ? Could I please have a copy
:)

Aaron