[LLVMdev] Python bindings for LLVM API

"Jarno Seppänen" js.nospam at wolke7.net
Wed Feb 23 15:21:11 PST 2005

Hi,

I would like to share my experimental LLVM API Python bindings with the LLVM
enthusiasts.  I have created Boost.Python wrappers largely for the VMCore
interface and other selected interfaces (e.g. ExecutionEngine).  The
bindings provide direct runtime access to the LLVM bytecode and JIT
execution features from Python.

The bindings are complete enough so that one can e.g. run the Fibonacci JIT
demo in Python (see fibonacci.py in the package).  Other than this, the
bindings have seen very little testing: caveat emptor!

Quick start:
- make sure you have Python and Boost.Python installed
- extract Python.tgz (attached) into $LLVM/lib/Python
- cd $LLVM/lib/Python
- make
- export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:$LLVM/Debug/bin
- python fibonacci.py

More details are provided in the README.txt within Python.tgz.

BR, Jarno

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail