[LLVMdev] Question about Pools

xavier llvmdev at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 09:41:25 PST 2005

Hello,

I have some questions about Pool Allocation

Is it possible for a program to access and manipulate an (automatically allocated) pool at run time? For example, if a program wants to dump all the allocated pools that is using, is it possible to enumerate all those pools and access them (contents and information about the pool) and then dump all this information to a file?

Also, please correct me if I am wrong. I understand that if in a program there are two disjoint data structures and this data structure has 4 different kinds of nodes (heterogeneous nodes), the runtime system is going to create 8 different pools? :
2 disjoint "instances" (e.g., two complete trees) of the same data structure * 4 kinds of nodes = 8 different pools
At runtime, Can I identify all the pools that belong to a specific instance of any of the data structures and then dump only the pools that belong to that specific instance?

Thanks