[LLVMdev] LLVM CFE bootstrap problem at FreeBSDafterlast$(Install) changes in Makefile.rules

Vladimir Merzliakov wanderer at rsu.ru
Sun Feb 20 03:32:56 PST 2005

> right, but that will lead to directory creation problems on some systems
> with a fresh install.
>
> Reid.
>
> Temporary fixed by partly reverting $(Install) changes in local copy
> Makefile.rules (removing -D option from $(Install) call lines).

I found one more problem with $(Install) at FreebSD - now in LLVM install:

At FreebSD install can't autocreate directories at "Installing include
files" :

/home/wanderer/pkg/llvm/include/./llvm/ADT/BitSetVector.h

Note: see /dot/ part.

And then current LLVM state at FreebSD:

After
http://mail.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20050214/024145.html
and
http://mail.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20050214/024146.html

LLVM can't be installed with $(Install) -D (unsupported by FreeBSD install
tool) and without -D (include files instaletion broken)
LLVM CFE can't be bootstraped with -D (rejected) but build and install fine
after removing -D option.

Vladimir