[LLVMdev] CVS LLVM Requires CVS llvm-gcc?

Evan Jones ejones at uwaterloo.ca
Sat Feb 19 16:57:20 PST 2005

I am currently trying to build the CVS version of LLVM, and no matter
what I do, ./configure always reports that llvm-gcc cannot be found or
is not working. I currently have the LLVM 1.4 llvm-gcc binaries. My
path is set correctly:

rn-spra1c07:~/llvm/llvm ejones$ which llvm-gcc
/Users/ejones/llvm/cfrontend/ppc/llvm-gcc/bin/llvm-gcc
rn-spra1c07:~/llvm/llvm ejones$ which llvm-g++
/Users/ejones/llvm/cfrontend/ppc/llvm-gcc/bin/llvm-g++

So LLVM is on my path, and I ran configure with:

./configure
--with-llvmgccdir=/Users/ejones/llvm/cfrontend/ppc/llvm-gcc/bin

When configure runs, it prints this line:

checking whether llvm-gcc is sane... no

Is this because I need to use the CVS version of llvm-gcc? Or is it a
problem with the configure script? The build on my 3 year old powerbook
takes a while (30 minutes? An hour? something like that), so I don't
know if the warning can be ignored yet. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Evan Jones