[LLVMdev] questions about installing llvm

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 17 11:59:40 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 11:39:27AM -0800, Reid Spencer wrote:
> Actually, Misha, that won't work.

Sorry, Reid, but I think it will, for the following reason:

I don't really know what the -c (lowercase) option does, but install
says it's ignored anyway, so that's irrelevant for GNU install.  We're
talking about the -C option (uppercase).

> The -C option is used directly in docs/Makefile. So the change will have
> to go into docs/Makefile. Either that or upgrade install to version 5.

docs/Makefile uses $(INSTALL) -C (uppercase).

My point is that /usr/dcs/..../ginstall doesn't accept -C but
/usr/bin/install does.

Changing it in Makefile.config will do the trick.

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu