[LLVMdev] questions about installing llvm

Feng Chen fengchen at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 17 11:21:20 PST 2005

Hi,

I tried to install LLVM in our server, but after successfully compiling it,
the installation failed. The reported error is:

llvm[1]: Installing HTML documentation

/usr/dcs/software/supported/bin/ginstall: invalid option -- C

Try `/usr/dcs/software/supported/bin/ginstall --help' for more information.

gmake[1]: *** [install-html] Error 1

gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/software/llvm/docs'

gmake: *** [install] Error 1

I am wondering if some specific version of the install program is required.
Please help me to check out what is going wrong here. Thanks!

Feng