[LLVMdev] Weird memory bug

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Dec 25 23:47:25 PST 2005

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005, Alexander Friedman wrote:
> This was indeed a memory issue - the hard datasize limit on my freebsd
> box was 512 mb and this opt went over.  Increasing hard limit fixed
> the problem.
>
> However, most unices have a 512mb limit - maybe insanely huge
> functions as this one should be automagically split somewhere?

This is clearly a bug.  Can you please run the testcase like this:

opt test.bc -time-passes -track-memory -disable-output

?

When I run this, it looks like domset and post-dom set take about 21M
each.  Does it take significantly more memory for you?

In any case, this is a bug and should be improved.  I will look into it
when I get a chance in a couple of weeks.  That said, please file a
bugzilla bug for this to ensure I don't lose track of the issue.

Thanks!

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/