[LLVMdev] Struct Types and GCC compatibility

Mike Emmel mike.emmel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 11:20:03 PST 2005

Hi all I'm writing a direct llvm backend for gcjx a new java fronted for gcc.
I'm now ready to tackle creating the structures to represnt classes  I
read the gcc 4.0 patches and it seems that the llvm struct is padded
and aligned using the info from the gcc tree.
In my case I don't have this information. I'm willing to intially let
llvm align and pad the struct but its not clear what the natural
values are  since it seems to be packed.
In any case some helpful hints on what the right route is here would
be appreciated. It would be nice to get compatibility with gcc.

Mike