[LLVMdev] List Scheduling on LLVM Instructions

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Dec 15 11:22:51 PST 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, thean kiat sew wrote:
> I am planning to use list scheduling on LLVM instructions.
> Any recommendation on how to start ? As in which codes in LLVM that I need
> to look at.

We don't currently have a list scheduler in the target-independent code
generator, but we do have the infrastructure needed to implement one.
Check out the lib/CodeGen/SelectionDAG/ScheduleDAG.cpp file.

If you have questions about the file, Jim can help.

> Since I am still a newbie, any readings recommended? :)

There are several decent compiler books out there.  I believe the Muchnick
book (Advanced Compiler Design?) has a detailed section on scheduling.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/