[LLVMdev] cfrontend building

Stephan Wienczny Stephan at wienczny.de
Mon Aug 8 09:53:07 PDT 2005

Am Montag, 8. August 2005 18:12 schrieb Reid Spencer:
> Stephan,
>
> I've seen this before. It happens when you do "make bootstrap" in llvm-gcc.
> While "make bootstrap" is the correct way to build GCC, its not the correct
> way to build llvm-gcc.
>
> Based on my experience with this, I suggest you completely erase your build
> tree and then follow the CFEBuildInstr.html instructions *to the letter*
> with zero deviations.
>
> If you didn't do "make bootstrap", then I don't have a clue what this
> problem is :)
>
> Reid.

Hallo,

do you know if bootstrap is the default target?

This is what I'm doing:
<code>
inherit eutils

DESCRIPTION="C, C++ Frontend for Low Level Virtual _Machine"
HOMEPAGE="http://llvm.org/"
SRC_URI="http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/releases/${PV}/cfrontend-${PV}.source.tar.gz"

LICENSE="llvm"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~ppc ~sparc ~x86"
IUSE=""

DEPEND=

S=${WORKDIR}/cfrontend

src_unpack() {
    unpack ${A}
    cd cfrontend
    mkdir build
}

src_compile() {
	cd ${S}/build
	../src/configure --prefix=/usr --disable-threads --disable-nls
--disable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++ --program-prefix=llvm-
        emake || die
}

src_install() {
        emake DESTDIR=${D} install || die
}
</code>

maybe I should try emake all instead of emake... I'll try.

Stephan