[LLVMdev] Need help with bugpoint for codegen problem

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 21 18:31:32 PDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 03:13:44AM +0200, Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer wrote:
> Misha Brukman wrote:
> >On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 02:32:25AM +0200, Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer wrote:
> >>[...]
> >>bugpoint: Unknown command line argument '-instcombine-load-vn'.  Try:
> >>'bugpoint --help'
> >
> >You need a space between -instcombine and -load-vn, they are separate
> >passes.
>
> Thanks. I've finally added all passes from gccas and gccld, giving me:
[...]
> *** Optimized program matches reference output!  No problem detected...
> bugpoint can't help you with your problem!

I know it's a stretch, but have you tried *just* the gccas passes,
without gccld?  Failing that, please send me (off-list) the
(unoptimized) bytecode file that runs and I'll see what I can do.

Also, please specify your architecture and OS.

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu