[LLVMdev] Need help with bugpoint for codegen problem

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 21 16:56:42 PDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 01:46:53AM +0200, Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer wrote:
> Debugging code generator problem!
> exited with
> non-zero exit code. This will NOT be treated as a failure.
>
> *** The C backend cannot match the reference diff, but it is used as the
> 'known good'
>     code generator, so I can't debug it.  Perhaps you have a front-end
> problem?
>     As a sanity check, I left the result of executing the program with
> the C backend
>     in this file for you: 'bugpoint.cbe.out-BNyb4c'.
>

> What am I supposed to do now ?

This means that one of the passes in gccas or gccld is mis-optimizing
the code, since the unoptimized code works.  See the "debugging gccas"
and "debugging gccld" sections of the "How To Submit a Bug" document:

http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/HowToSubmitABug.html#gccas
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/HowToSubmitABug.html#gccld

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu