[LLVMdev] c++ frontend bugs

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Wed Apr 20 04:13:37 PDT 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Stefan Strasser wrote:
> I've encountered a few bugs including ICE and reject-valid when compiling a
> program with llvmg++ which compiles fine with standalone g++.

Ok.

> Should I report those to your bugzilla or is it likely that these bugs
> are gcc bugs in the version of gcc you're using?

There have been a large number of bug fixes to the LLVM C++ frontend since
1.4.  Probably the easiest way to check to see if it's already fixed is to
see if you can repro the problem with the demo page
(http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/demo).

If the bug still exists, please file a report! :)

> if so, are there any
> plans to port the frontend to a newer gcc? (gcc 4.0 will be out in a few
> weeks)

There are not any concrete plans at present, but it is something that I
would like to do at some point.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/