[LLVMdev] JIT and array pointers

Paul paulk at boxpl.com
Sun Apr 10 16:57:27 PDT 2005

I'm trying to pass an array pointer to my run-time generated module, and
after a long time of searching for the answer, the only thing I got was
a headache. Basically I have a few arrays (few megabytes which will
sometimes be accessed as 8 / 16 / 32 / 64 bit binary / fp values), that
will be modified by both the generated module, and my main c program, so
I would like to put those into global variables. I also tried passing it
as a function argument (with argument type PointerType::get
(Type::UIntTy)), and failed miserably. I feel lost. Right now I got only
a small module with some simple operations (big thanks to the examples,
they really help a lot). Maybe its because I'm not a c++ guy, but I
really want to use llvm, especially because of it's nice job at
optimizing code. And I only need a few basic building blocks to get
things started.

Paul