[LLVMdev] sys::Program::ExecuteAndWait() caller problems

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Apr 10 14:16:44 PDT 2005

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005, Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer wrote:
> sys::Program::ExecuteAndWait() requires that the first element in "args"
> should be the name of the program, but (at least) llvm-ld.cpp and gccld.cpp
> fail to do so, thereby effectively swallowing the first parameter.
> This is the reason that -native-cbe has not working for some time - actually
> I wonder why no other problems have been caused by this...

Ok, yeah this did cause some problems with the ToolRunner.cpp file which I
fixed quite a while ago.  The problem was introduced due to some
refactoring reid did with the program api's.  Thanks for pointing this
out!

> Please revisit all callers of ExecuteAndWait().

The only one I'm not sure of is the llvmc usage of it in
CompilerDriver.cpp.  Reid, when you get a chance, can you verify that it
is ok?

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/