[LLVMdev] Questions !!

Tanu Sharma tanusharma_04 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 11:59:34 PDT 2005

Thanks for the reply,

Actually I m aiming towards determining two values:

- number of basic blocks in a program
For this I have used Statistic facility provided in llvm and increasing the counter for each basic block for each function.but for some reason , I m getting different number everytime !!
Is Statistic is the right way to do it ?

- Average basic block size in a program ( in bytes)

Any suggestions to make it simple and get an accurate result?

Regards,
Tanu

Chris Lattner <sabre at nondot.org> wrote:
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Tanu Sharma wrote:

> There is tool that calculates execution count and total number of blocks
> , is there anything available to detemine size of basic blocks in a
> program in bytes?

Are you talking about native code? If you run the 'size' utility in unix,
the 'tex' value is the number of bytes of program code. If you're talking
about llvm code, I'm not sure what you mean "size of basic blocks in a
program in bytes".

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/