[LLVMdev] Running Pool Allocated programs

Ricardo rmivs-lists at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 09:49:23 PST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to run a program optimized with the Pool Allocation, but I am receiving this error:

====================
libpoolalloc.so: undefined symbol: _ZTIN4llvm16EquivClassGraphsE -load request ignored.

*** 4 DYNAMIC POOLS INITIALIZED ***

*** 4 DYNAMIC POOLS ALLOCATED FROM ***

MaxHeapSize = 0.062500KB  HeapSizeAtExit = 0.062500KB   NOTE: only valid if using
Heuristic=AllPools and no bumpptr/realloc!

I have tried to link the program with the Analysis and with Datastructure libs:

llvm-gcc -o test test.opt.bc -lpoolalloc -lpoolalloc_rt -lLLVMDataStructure -lLLVMAnalysis

But I am still receiving the error.

Another question, I do not want to use the bump ptr optimization, and I suppose that the right
heuristic for that is AllNodes? But if I want to use it, what is the right heuristic?

Also, if I want to use the Pointer Compression, I suppose that I have to use the -pointercompress
switch with opt or what?

Thanks