[LLVMdev] patches and problem...

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Sep 28 19:15:55 PDT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Reid Spencer wrote:

> > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
> >>The next major problem is that VC has only
> >>
> >>int rand(void)
> >>void srand( int seed )
> >>
> >>So I donno how to compile the
> >>ExecutionEngine/Interpreter/ExternalFunctions.cpp that refers to the
> >>drand48 srand48 lrand48 etc series...

> I guess I need a sys::Math::getRandom() function that uses a "good" random
> number generator on the given platform. I'll make a note of this and tuck it
> away for future implementation.

No, LLVM has no need for random numbers.  The methods in
Interpreter/ExternalFunctions.cpp are just wrappers around system
functions of the same name (to avoid having an FFI).  In reality, these
things can just be removed without too much lossage, but Brian would be
the person to ok that.

-Chris

--
http://llvm.org/