[LLVMdev] SlowOperationInformer.cpp:55: error: `SIGALRM' undeclared (first use this functi

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 24 11:39:26 PDT 2004

Henrik Bach wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm compiling: /usr/local/src/llvm/lib/Support/SlowOperationInformer.cpp
> on MinGW. However, it stops complaining about that SIGALRM is undeclared:

Is there an alarm() syscall on MinGW?  And if so, what signal does it
send (according to the MinGW docs)?

-- John T.

> --------------------------
> @ /usr/local/build/llvm/mklib --tag=disable-shared --silent --tag=CXX
> --mode=compile g++ -c -I/usr/local/build/llvm/lib/Support
> -I/usr/local/src/llvm/lib/Support -I/usr/local/build/llvm/include
> -I/usr/local/src/llvm/include -I../../include
> -I/usr/local/src/llvm/include -D__MINGW -D_GNU_SOURCE
> -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -Wall -W -Wwrite-strings -Wno-unused -g -D_DEBUG
> /usr/local/src/llvm/lib/Support/SlowOperationInformer.cpp -o
> /usr/local/build/llvm/lib/Support/Debug/SlowOperationInformer.lo
> C:/MinGW/msys/local/src/llvm/lib/Support/SlowOperationInformer.cpp: In
>   constructor `llvm::SlowOperationInformer::SlowOperationInformer(const
>   std::string&)':
> C:/MinGW/msys/local/src/llvm/lib/Support/SlowOperationInformer.cpp:55:
> error: `
>   SIGALRM' undeclared (first use this function)
>
> On mingw the signal value SIGALRM isn't declared in <signal.h>.
>
> I can't figure out what to do next. Any suggestions?
>
> Henrik

* John T. Criswell                         Email: criswell at uiuc.edu *
* Research Programmer                                               *
* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign                        *
* "It's today!" said Piglet. "My favorite day," said Pooh.          *