[LLVMdev] Compiler Benchmarks

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Tue Sep 21 09:27:21 PDT 2004

FYI,

Yesterday's Slashdot had an article about Linux compiler benchmarks from
Coyote Gulch (Scott Ladd). In this update he compares GCC and ICC. You
can read the article here:
http://www.coyotegulch.com/reviews/linux_compilers/

Of particular note was his use of SciMark 2.0 which is a NIST developed
benchmark for scientific computing. Its available in both java and C and
computes a MFLOPS number.  It would be good to include this in our test
suite if we can (hint, hint, John). You can find it here:
http://math.nist.gov/scimark2/index.html

Reid.