[LLVMdev] Patch to lib/System/Interix

Henrik Bach henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 15:55:51 PDT 2004

>From: Reid Spencer <reid at x10sys.com>
>Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:26:09 -0700
>
>Okay, so the question is, how do you do the equivalent of a MAP_ANON
>allocation on Interix. We don't want to map a file here. We're just asking
>for virtual memory (unbacked by swap or file) to be allocated to the
>process. Is there a way to do that on Interix? The corresponding way to do
>that in Win32 is with the VirtualAlloc function. Perhaps we need to use
>that directly? Is it available? Am I asking enough questions? :)

U grill me with all those questions :)

No, we cannot use VirtualAlloc function directly.

Since you're only interested in allocating memory in page sizes

For convienience I provide you with a link to Interix migration/porting
pages:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnucmg/html/ucmglp.asp

Look in chapter 9, although it is very thin on the subject of memory mapped
files.

It's getting late for me. I'll try to look on the subject in the weekend...

Henrik