[LLVMdev] HowToUseJIT.cpp - file: 'llvm/ADT/iterator': Nosuchfile or directory

Paolo Invernizzi arathorn at fastwebnet.it
Thu Sep 16 05:57:35 PDT 2004

On Sep 16, 2004, at 1:48 PM, Henrik Bach wrote:

> As far as I know is template handling a part of some C++ ISO standard.
> Then, MS should adhere to this...

C++ is an hard language to implement, and it's not easy to write a
compiler with a hight conformance...
VC7 is far better than vc6 on this side...

> However, what you objects against is that MS didn't implement STL the
> way STL should be implemented. And the reason to this is the fact that
> STL isn't a standard, but only make use of the template handling
> technology that the C++ ISO standard provides. Am I right on this?

Well, the C++ standard library is quite well defined. I've had only
problems with not standard parts, as hash_set and hash_map, as for
example, are different in Dinkumware and in STLPort and in the library
that ships with gcc...

Another example is the C99 dynamic array support... gcc supports it,
but neither VC7.1 nor VC8 can compile them... but hei they are not C++
(till now :)

---
Paolo Invernizzi