[LLVMdev] Files to lib/System/Win32

Henrik Bach henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 15 10:59:01 PDT 2004

>From: Jeff Cohen <jeffc at jolt-lang.org>
>Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:35:36 -0700

>What's a "compiling mesh?"

What I meant, was that there are some implicit defines in mingw (like __GCC)
and vcX (like _MVC) but possibly also other unsupported? internal
structures. As I stated earlier mingw should be win32 api compliant, but not
for complicating matters. But as stated earlier we should also use a true MS
VC compiler as true reference.

>Anyway, I suspected as much re the legal
>issues.

Take these into consideration, too. :)

>Anyway, I avoided bleeding edge stuff like WOW64 for now. Still,
>Signals.cpp is going to require some esoteric Structured Exception
>Handling stuff and debug symbol table support.  Nothing that hasn't been
>around for a while, but rarely used by the typical Windows programmer.

Not an easy task. That's why I left it some code as an exercise in my first
try...

Henrik