[LLVMdev] Files to lib/System/Win32

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Wed Sep 15 10:35:36 PDT 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:28:26 +0200
"Henrik Bach" <henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >>I did successfully compile all those files with VC++ 7.1.  Does mingw
> >>come with it's own version of windows.h or are you using the official
> >>Microsoft header files?
> >>

> >Due to legal issues with Microsoft, they (mingw development team) have
> >supplied their own header files to support the win32 API.
> >

> To be exact, I use mingws own header files, including their own windows.h.
> To be honest, I'll suppose a compiling mesh, if I'd use MSs header files ;)
>
> Henrik

What's a "compiling mesh?"  Anyway, I suspected as much re the legal
issues.

Anyway, I avoided bleeding edge stuff like WOW64 for now. Still,
Signals.cpp is going to require some esoteric Structured Exception
Handling stuff and debug symbol table support.  Nothing that hasn't been
around for a while, but rarely used by the typical Windows programmer.