[LLVMdev] Files to lib/System/Win32

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Mon Sep 13 23:09:45 PDT 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 01:01:46 -0500
"Brian R.Gaeke" <gaeke at uiuc.edu> wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2004, at 12:52 AM, Reid Spencer wrote:
> >> What
> >> does LLVM expect to keep in /etc/llvm and where would it keep it on
> >> Windows?
> >
> > I expect this would just be in the Windows directory (C:\WINNT or
> > C:\WINDOWS)
>
> Eww. Come now. C:\Program Files\Low Level Virtual Machine\Configuration
>
> :-)
>
> -Brian

Only for global settings.  For per-user settings, it would be

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Low Level Virtual Machine\Configuration

and as Application Data is a hidden directory, we can protect the
integrity of the configuration settings from the unwashed masses.  So,
am I joking or am I serious :)

Of course, there's always the registry...