[LLVMdev] Files to lib/System/Win32

Jeff Cohen jeffc at jolt-lang.org
Mon Sep 13 22:38:39 PDT 2004

I don't know anything about Interix.

It may be best to defer a true Win32 port.  It's not just the time it
would take to do it, it's the time to keep it up to date as LLVM
evolves.  The Win32 port will constantly break, and I don't have the
time to keep fixing it.  I've got my own time-consuming projects :)

That said, the architectural issues should still be addressed.  What
does LLVM expect to keep in /etc/llvm and where would it keep it on
Windows?  How will it handle the Windows custom of having spaces in file
and directory names?  (GNU make hates it.)  Why would it need to know
the user's "home" directory?  That sort of stuff.

I don't have cygwin or any other Unix emulator on my Windows system, so
I couldn't do validation.  I do my Unix programming on Unix :)