[LLVMdev] Some Questions about LLVM

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Wed Oct 27 07:46:01 PDT 2004

A recent patch to the makefile system (you'll need to work from the latest CVS
files) allows LLVM to be correctly installed (and uninstalled) to the directory
named by the --prefix=<dir> argument of the configure script (/usr/local by
default).

The error message you're setting is occurring because gccld can't find the
"libc.gc and libcrtend.a" bytecode libraries. Those libraries are installed by
"make -C runtime install" which uses the value you passed to the (note the
name!) --with-llvmgccdir argument to configure. The same value should be given
to your LLVM_LIB_SEARCH_PATH. I'm not sure if its a typo or not, but if the
configure options you gave below are pasted from the actual usage then you have
a command line error there. The "--llvmgccdir=..." should be
"--with-llvmgccdir=...". Probably if you correct that, you'll end up with
bytecode libraries installed in the right place.

Reid.