[LLVMdev] Some Questions about LLVM

zhou feng zhoufeng at ict.ac.cn
Mon Oct 25 06:05:36 PDT 2004

hi, all
I have some questions about LLVM
1. I recently compiled LLVM on my X86 machine correctly. But when I use
the built LLVm compiling programs(in the getting started guide), I got
an warning saying can not find library "lc" (something like that). Yet
LLVM did yeild a execution native code and it runs correctly except with
a waring saying something like "__main**"(I cann't remember very clearly).
I followed all the install instructions except the installation dir for
llvm is /home/my/llvm/llvm-bin/ and llvmgcc dir is
/home/my/llvm/llvm/llvm-gcc and the configure option is
--prefix=/home/my/llvm/llvm-bin/ --enable-jit
--llvmgccdir=/home/my/llvm/llvm/llvm-gcc
btw: there was an error when installing LLVM, the system complained "no
pax command...". What pax is?
2. I want to do some work on register allocation using LLVM, which parts
of code should I read? ( The whole source is too big for me)
thans.
--zhoufeng