[LLVMdev] [anilcjohn at sify.com: CS student from India]

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Oct 11 11:47:39 PDT 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Brian R. Gaeke wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from ANIL C JOHN <anilcjohn at sify.com> -----
>  I am a computer science undergrad student doing my 7th
>  semester B.Tech in computer science (equivalent to BS). I want to do a
>  project using LLVM compiler framework, which can be done alone in about
>  4 months.

Hi Anil,

Brian forwarded your mail to the llvmdev email list, which is a better
place to send these questions than to a specific person.

There are many interesting projects you can do in LLVM, so it really
depends on what your background is and where your interests lay.  However,
we do have an "Open projects" page, which lists some starting points for
ideas:

http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/OpenProjects.html

Also, I have a broad range of ideas for enhancements listed on my personal
page here:

http://nondot.org/sabre/LLVMNotes/

If you provide more information, perhaps someone can give you some
concrete ideas.

-Chris

>  If not, could me suggest me other project ideas related to
>  compilers and kernel projects that which can be done as major project
>  for my course, alone in   this short period of time.
>
>  I would be very
>  grateful sir if you could help me.
>
>  Thanking You,
>
>  Yours