[LLVMdev] help with llvm.

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Oct 5 07:18:10 PDT 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Abhijit Ray wrote:

> I am interested in implementing a compiler very much like llvm but with
> very very modest goals. I just want to have a intermediate
>
> now to what help I need ..  I would appreciate comments and pitfalls any
> implementor faced while doing similar exercise. wonder if the LLVM
> authors maintained some sort of logs of what they did first and what
> they implemented last and what problems they faced.

Nope, we didn't really maintain any formal documentation like that, but
our CVS repository does contain the full history of development.  In
general though, we aren't too interested in spending a lot of time to help
people write competitors to LLVM.  :)   Is there any particular reason
that you cannot use LLVM itself for your purposes?

-Chris

--
http://llvm.org/
http://nondot.org/sabre/